[ZODB-Dev] FileStorage backup from snapshot-capable block-device?

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:14:09 -0500

> If changes are made to the Data.fs file (i.e. changes are committed)
> while the Data.fs file is 'slowly' being copied, could the copied
> Data.fs get corrupted?  (This is on a Linux box).

It's almost nondeterministic as far as I know.  rsync evidently has problems
with the source file changing.  Whether other programs like your backup
program have problems is unknown.  You should run the "fstest.py" program
that Jeremy created lately after you back up your Data.fs to make sure the
copy is not corrupted.  That will also probably give you your answer.

- C