[ZODB-Dev] Excellent overview of ODBMS and my take on ZODB

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:50:19 -0500

On Wednesday 27 February 2002 01:50 pm, Patrick K. O'Brien allegedly wrote:
> Thanks for the helpful suggestions, Casey. I just discovered your
> CatalogQuery hotfix (http://www.zope.org/Members/Kaivo/CatalogQuery/) and
> am surprised you hadn't mentioned it. I'm hoping it sheds some light on
> what I'm up against.

Oops, yup I forgot about that one 8^). It is an implementation specific to
the Catalog, but it might have some use outside zope with a bit of tinkering.
It doesn't rely on anything too Zope specific if I recall... (assuming you
can get the catalog to work outside of Zope)

> In what way do you "hope to have a hand in creating a Pythonic query
> language"? It would seem you've already started on one. Care to elaborate?
> Jim seems keen to have one, but I'm not sure I'm up to the task. I will
> take a look at what you have, though. Thanks again.

What I mean to say is that I have a proposal and am part of a (on hold for
now) project called pythonindexer both of which aim to create a new Python
query interface for use with python objects.

http://www.sf.net/projects/pythonindexer

Check out the CVS for the documentation.

  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org