[ZODB-Dev] ZEO release?

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:41:35 -0800

Jeremy Hylton writes:  >>>>>
[snip]... The new features are (1)
automatic failover from one ZSS to another and (2) explicit support
for read-only clients and servers.

Just a curiosity: In regards to #1, I assumed that this was already possible
with existing IP takeover software (i.e. heartbeat) using earlier releases
of ZEO, provided you are willing to wait (perhaps up to 5 minutes) for the
client to reconnect (I'm already doing this with a slightly-modified 1.0b3).
Are the improvements just designed to decrease the time the clients are
disconnected without trying to resetablish the connection?  Or is there
something more complex (like cache-related issues) that I am currently
neglecting in my setup that necessitate the mentioned changes to ZEO 2.0?

Sean