[ZODB-Dev] need Windows binary for StandaloneZODB 1.0 rc1

Kevin Altis altis@semi-retired.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:49:10 -0800

> From: Barry A. Warsaw

>     KA> The README makes no mention of requiring a C compiler or
>     KA> linker, but when I tried to do a build I got the following
>     KA> error, so I was unable to do an install.
>
> Good point.  I'll add this requirement to the README file.

I would still like to see a Windows binary (probably Mac as well) made
available on SourceForge for download, otherwise it is difficult to consider
ZODB as a solution for persistent storage in PythonCard; a persistent
cross-platform data store is one of the issues we're looking at now.

If there isn't anyone in the current developer group that can make and
upload a binary as part of the release, then at least specify the required
compiler/linker and any other requirements. Eventually someone will be able
to provide a binary as part of your normal release schedule.

Thanks,

ka