[ZODB-Dev] need Windows binary for StandaloneZODB 1.0 rc1

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:02:21 -0500

    KA> I would still like to see a Windows binary (probably Mac as
    KA> well) made available on SourceForge for download, otherwise it
    KA> is difficult to consider ZODB as a solution for persistent
    KA> storage in PythonCard; a persistent cross-platform data store
    KA> is one of the issues we're looking at now.

    KA> If there isn't anyone in the current developer group that can
    KA> make and upload a binary as part of the release, then at least
    KA> specify the required compiler/linker and any other
    KA> requirements. Eventually someone will be able to provide a
    KA> binary as part of your normal release schedule.

Tim's the only Pythonlabber who has even a remote chance of being able
to build such an installer, so I'm Cc'ing him on this message.

AFAIK, distutils just Does The Right Thing on Window, but if not, I
wouldn't have a clue as to the right combination of compiler and
options to use.

-Barry