[ZODB-Dev] FW: standalone windows 1.0rc1 exe

Kevin Altis altis@semi-retired.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:08:33 -0800

In case anyone is interested that doesn't happen to have the
PythonCardPrototype package installed, the program in question is at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pythoncard/PythonCardPrototyp
e/samples/textIndexer/

I just did the GUI translation, so the ZODB code is more or less the same
since Dan wrote the original last year.

>From the readme.txt:
"It's about text searching and the hint bit algorithms hypercard uses, which
is more formally called "superimposed coding". It's really about indexing
and compressing text which is useful on stacks with thousands of cards of
text where you want fast search..."

The Import Stack menu option is intended for importing stacks of the format
described in:
  Managing Gigabytes
  Compressing and Indexing Documents and Images
  Second Edition, 1999
  http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/mg/
  source at http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/mg/mg-1.2.1.tar.gz

ka

ple.asp?ur
l=/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml

  Its only the non-optimizing version of the compiler but that's all I use
normally as gcc can be used for optimised builds of my code.

   Neil