[ZODB-Dev] Announcing ZCF 0.5 - The ZODB CORBA integration framework

Christian Reis kiko@async.com.br
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 10:21:50 -0300

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 03:45:45PM -0500, John D. Heintz wrote:
> Christian,
>
> There shouldn't be any problems with those versions. I've just re-ran
> our application tests on Debian with omniORB 3.0.4 and omniORBpy ???.
> Hmm, Debian doesn't list the version of omniORBpy separately. That's
> weird.

I was using omniORB3.0.4 and omniORBpy1.5, which don't match. 3.0.5 and
1.5 work fine. However, now I'm getting this:

Client:

    >>> runSomeTests ()
    Create a StorageObject named 'foo'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    File "client.py", line 53, in runSomeTests
    session.nameStorageObject('foo', foo)
    File "sample_idl.py", line 149, in nameStorageObject
    return _omnipy.invoke(self, "nameStorageObject",
    _0_sample.Session._d_nameStorageObject, args)
    omniORB.CORBA.UNKNOWN: Minor: 0, Completed:
    COMPLETED_MAYBE.

Server:

    blackjesus% python startServer.py
    Using FileStorage
    Started SampleServer <sample._objref_Server instance at 0x835d2b4>
    IDL:omg.org/PortableServer/ServantLocator:1.0
    IDL:omg.org/PortableServer/ServantActivator:1.0
    IDL:omg.org/PortableServer/ServantLocator:1.0
    IDL:omg.org/PortableServer/AdapterActivator:1.0
    omniORB: Caught an unexpected Python exception during up-call.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./Server.py", line 83, in nameStorageObject
    sObj = self._servantHelper.lookupDomainObj(sObj)
    AttributeError: SampleSession instance has no attribute
    '_servantHelper'

I've tried working a bit with the inheritance, but couldn't make it
work. I'm pulling ZCF-0.5 in the meantime to see how it goes.

> Duncan Grisby is _very_ helpful and if I can't understand what is going
> wrong he most certainly we be the person to ask.

Yep, he's great.

> When omniORB4 gets Python interceptor support I plan on revisiting the
> ZCF and using CORBA Context for authentication so that the server
> objects can be stateless.  When I do get back into this code I'll try to
> really clean it all up better as well.

Okay. What I'm missing are some basic examples of manipulating ZODB
objects over the connection, or I'm plain out of context here :-)

Is there some extra documentation?

Take care,