[ZODB-Dev] ZEO 2.0a1 release

Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:14:04 +0100

On Friday 07 Jun 2002 5:15 pm, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> As a result, I'd really appreciate it if any ZEO users out there who
> are able could give the alpha a try.  I've done some internal testing,
> and we have one customer using it, but it would be greater to side
> wider testing.

Ive given it some light testing, without any major problems so far. Ill l=
et=20
you know if anything else comes up.

One minor issue: the function main() in start.py has some trickery to set=
=20
sys.path with directory containing ZODB and other packages. Previously yo=
u=20
could get by without setting a PYTHONPATH. In this release, it tries to=20
import several of these packages before main() is run.

I suggest doing away with the sys.path trickery, and documenting that you=
 need=20
to set sys.path correctly.