[ZODB-Dev] ZEO 2.0a1 release

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:07:55 -0400

    SH> Ah, you're referring to ZEO (I skipped the subject line ;-) ).
    SH> That would make this a gray area, since StandaloneZODB is a
    SH> library that contains a minimal application.

Every application script that is intended to be run from the command
line needs to hack sys.path early on, so the minimal application
should do this.

If you have multiple such scripts, it's helpful to have them all live
in the same directory (e.g. bin/) and have a module that does the
sys.path hacking.  Here you have two choices: hack path via side
effect of the import, or do the import and explicitly call a path
hacking function in the module.  Personally I don't have too much
problem with the former, if the module name clearly indicates that it
/is/ a hack. ;)

-Barry