[ZODB-Dev] Referential integrity

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 06:26:18 -0600

ZODB does not automatically deal with referential integrity. It is up to you
to add code to do so. I don't think this will become part of ZODB any time
soon, if at all. And I'm not sure that it should. ZODB is very flexible and
is meant to persist just about any kind of Python object, unlike traditional
databases which have a predefined notion of how data should be represented.

At the same time, integrity checks are a good thing and ZODB makes you work
too hard to get them. I have a project that is adding on to ZODB the tools
needed to apply integrity checks automatically. The code is still under
development, but much of it is useable now and could at least give you some
ideas. You are welcome to check it out of CVS on SourceForge.

Bulldozer: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bdoz

---
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech