[ZODB-Dev] Referential integrity

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 09:47:37 -0500

Arnaud Bienvenu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how ZODB deals with referential integrity (i.e. object
> A refers to object B, and I would A to be deleted if B is removed from a
> list).

What list? There is no way to explicitly remove
an object from the database.  An object will be removed
from the database when it is no longer references.

B will not be removed if A refers to it.

> Will it be implemented ?
> Do you think referential integrity checks have to be part of ZODB or not ?

ZODB assures that an object is not removed as long as there
are references to it. So, I think that referential integrity
is maintaines.

> What are today the best ways to set up these sort of integrity checks ?

You don't have to set up anything.

Then again, I may have no idea what you are talking about. ;)

Jim