[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope-Coders] Zope test results

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Thu, 2 May 2002 09:54:26 -0400

    TD> On Thursday 02 May 2002 3:24 am, background@shane.zope.com
    TD> wrote:

    >> FAIL: checkLRU (testCache.LRUCacheTests)
    >> Traceback (most recent call last): File "testCache.py", line
    >> 146, in checkLRU File "/usr/lib/python2.1/unittest.py", line
    >> 273, in failUnlessEqual raise self.failureException, (msg or
    >> '%s != %s' % (first, second)) AssertionError: None != 0

    TD> This one has been failing for a while. I can not reproduce it
    TD> here, and it appears to me that the code and the test are
    TD> correct.

    TD> I am about to commit a change to this unit test so that it
    TD> gives a dump of the relevant object state if the test
    TD> fails. Hopefully that will contain a clue.

I made a change to testCache.py (rev 1.4) to fix a reversed sense of
the _p_changed value.  At the time, I tested with Python 2.1 and 2.2,
but now its failing for me too.  Has something recently changed with
the cPickleCache.c code?  The only other weird thing that's changed is
I now get this

ZODB/cPickleCache.c:977: warning: `_ring_corrupt' defined but not used

when doing a fresh build.  I wasn't getting that before.  That might
not be meaningful though, if MUCH_RING_CHECKING is turned off by
default now.
-Barry