[ZODB-Dev] Mounted Storage and ClassFactory problems

Jślio Dinis Silva juliodinis@hotmail.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 04:30:38 +0100

>From: Shane Hathaway <shane@zope.com>
>To: Jślio Dinis Silva <juliodinis@hotmail.com>
>CC: ZODB-dev@zope.org
>Subject: Re: [ZODB-Dev] Mounted Storage and ClassFactory problems
>Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 11:32:26 -0400
>
>Jślio Dinis Silva wrote:
>>>My main objective is to have a MainData.fs with my Zclass based >product,
>>>and instances of this product in a separated Data.fs.
>>

>>Any hints on how to achieve this?
>
>Please try the attached patch, and if it works, I'll check it in.  As it
>was, it found the parent database but then looked in the child database
>anyway!  This corrects it.

Hi Shane,

I've answered this email before but I didnt see it on the mailinglist so
here I am again sorry if I repeat my self.

Your patch works very nice :-)
Now my zclass instances are no longer broken they find their product
from the parent db.

But now I have another problem: when I mount with externalmount my
subdata.fs with my zclass instances the mount have some problems, i.e,
some objects are "not in a sane state", I access them I dont see some tabs
for propertysheets, but with other instances this doesnt happens.
It his a very strange error, and I can see in Debug lots of a

'None' object has no attribute Load

error. I Know this is a long living error for some months.

Thanx again,
Julio Dinis Silva