[ZODB-Dev] updated: ZODB/ZEO Programming Guide

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu (Jeremy Hylton)
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 17:49:16 -0500

  ML> At 12:53 2002-11-05 -0500, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
  >> I updated Andrew Kuchling's ZODB/ZEO Programming Guide as part of
  >> the ZODB 3.1 release.  The new version is now posted within the
  >> ZODB Wiki on zope.org:
  >> http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/guide/index.html

  ML> Thanks. What's changed? There are still quite a bit left to
  ML> document to avoid all these stupid questions on the mailing
  ML> list... ;)

I don't remember of the top of my head, except that there's a brief
description of how to use BTrees.  You could check CVS history.

  ML> Here are two things I noted in the guide:

  ML> http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/guide/node2.html This guide
  ML> explains how to write Python programs that use the Z Object
  ML> Database (ZODB) and Zope Enterprise Objects (ZEO). The latest
  ML> version of the guide is always available at
  ML> http://www.amk.ca/zodb/guide/.  => 404

I'll fix that.

  ML> http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/guide/node17.html
  ML>   Perhaps Python 2.2 will repair this.
  ML> Seems out of date...

I don't know.  I haven't checked with 2.2.

  ML> BTW, I just stumbled over
  ML> http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Developer/Models/ZODB Why
  ML> didn't anyone mention that? It's obviously not complete, but at
  ML> least I could have found _p_oid there.  Is this something you
  ML> are working actively on?

We are not actively working on the model, and I believe some pieces of
it are out of date.  As for mentioning it: It is listed under the
Documentation heading of the ZODB Wiki.

Jeremy