[ZODB-Dev] ZEO 2

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:22:11 -0500

Chris Withers wrote:
> Shane Hathaway wrote:
>
>> a week or so.  Also, look at the database activity graph to see if you
>> need to increase your ZODB cache size.  (I assume you're running 2.6.)
>

> How do I tell how big the ZODB cache should be?

If the activity graph shows that you're loading many objects per hour,
the cache probably needs to be bigger.  If you can reduce the cache size
without a noticeable impact during peak times, reduce it.

Hmm, I guess a more precise calculation would be based on cache
"turnover"--a count of objects that get flushed out of the cache then
reloaded soon after.  If you watch the activity graph long enough,
though, you can estimate this number in your head. :-)

Shane