[ZODB-Dev] ZEO 2

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:19:59 +0000

Shane Hathaway wrote:
>> How do I tell how big the ZODB cache should be?
>
> If the activity graph shows that you're loading many objects per hour,
> the cache probably needs to be bigger.  If you can reduce the cache size
> without a noticeable impact during peak times, reduce it.

Okay, next question. What caches does that graph actually cover? I have 3
storages served by a storage server. On the clients, two of the storages are
mounted into the other using external mounts.

So, what caches do the graphs in the control panel cover?

> Hmm, I guess a more precise calculation would be based on cache
> "turnover"--a count of objects that get flushed out of the cache then
> reloaded soon after.

Could this be added as a statistic to that graph?

cheers,

Chris