[ZODB-Dev] Very slow restarts with ZEO 2 ...

Ivo van der Wijk ivo@amaze.nl
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:37:13 +0100

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 02:59:40PM +0100, Joachim Werner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've switched a two-server ZEO installation to ZEO 2 and now I have the
> following "problem":
>
> While the ZEO clients had started up and restarted almost immediately (5-10
> secs maximum for a start without having to rebuild the cache files), ZEO 2
> clients take up to half a minute.

I don't know if it's relevant, but I noticed such behaviour if there was no
up to date .index file. You can have it generated by properly shutting down
Zope - the next startup should be alot quicker then.

Cheers

	Ivo

--
Drs. I.R. van der Wijk                                      -=-
Brouwersgracht 132                             Amaze Internet Services V.O.F.