[ZODB-Dev] basic operational documents?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch@rogers.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:51:12 -0500

I've also put my structural overview online at:
http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/chandler/ZODB4_Structural_Overview.html

This is a short document describing the components within ZODB4, their
roles and operational modes.  It tries to introduce every module in the
ZODB, Transaction and Persistence packages based on a very recent CVS
snapshot of ZODB4.  The goal is to get someone who understands the
concepts of ZODB4, but has never worked with the code, to the point
where they know where everything is (which modules/classes are
responsible for what) and how the objects are supposed to interact (what
other objects they to carry out their responsibilities).  The
operational mode is assuming that the reader will have the source-code
open as they read through the structural overview.

You (David) may have already seen this posted to the Chandler list, so
you may be looking for something different/extra.  Most of the documents
in Chris' list are user-targetted (good for concepts, don't really cover
the implementation).  I'd suggest this one as well:

http://www.python.org/workshops/2000-01/proceedings/papers/fulton/zodb3.html

Which gives a lot of detail about what's going on (though not where in
the system it goes on most of the time).

BTW, Chris, if anyone at Zope wants to, they can feel free to
copy/extend/change my document for Zope-corp use.

Enjoy,
Mike