[ZODB-Dev] basic operational documents?

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
21 Nov 2002 20:51:07 -0500

Hi David,

Probably the best architectural overview of ZODB is from the output of a
UML tool at http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Developer/Models/ZODB .
It is a bit hard to track in this form, but it does provide a few gems
if you poke around a bit.  This document reflects ZODB3, not ZODB4 and
is not completely up-to-date (it was written in 1999).  That said, the
underpinnings of the architecture haven't changed that much.  The ZODB
wiki at http://www.zope.org//Wikis/ZODB/FrontPage is the place to go for
the most up-to-date development information.

A few sources of introductory narrative documentation about using ZODB
exist at:

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Articles/ZODB1
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Articles/ZODB2
http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/HowTos/ZODB-How-To