[ZODB-Dev] zeo 2: asyncore?

Mark McEahern mark@mceahern.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 15:42:11 -0500

I've been trying unsuccessfully to get ZEO2 (2.0b1) to work with Zope 2.5.1
on Red Hat 7.3.  Both Zope and ZEO seem to start just fine.  I look in the
STUPID_LOG_FILEs (I have one for each) and nothing's obviously screwy.
However, when I go to access Zope in the browser, it times out.  I came
across a reference in the ZEO source (ZEO/misc/custom_zodb.py) to an
asyncore discrepancy.  If I look in:

  $ZOPE/ZServer/medusa/asyncore.py

I see this comment:

  # NOTE: this is a difference from the Python 2.2 library
  # version of asyncore.py.  This prevents a hanging condition
  # on Linux 2.2 based systems.

Could this somehow be causing my problem?

// mark

-