[ZODB-Dev] zeo 2: asyncore?

Mark McEahern mark@mceahern.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 22:47:53 -0500

[Chris McDonough [mailto:chrism@zope.com]]
> How about a "voodoo" shot in the dark. ;-)
>
> Right after the lines in z2.py that read:
>
> # Jigger path:
> sys.path=[os.path.join(here,'lib','python'),here
>           ]+filter(None, sys.path)
>

> Put this (embarrassing) piece of code:
>
> seen = {}
> l = []
> for name in sys.path:
>    if not seen.has_key(name):
>        l.append(name)
>    seen[name] = 1
>
> sys.path = l
>
> I had a similar problem lately that I never did figure out properly, but
> it had to do some similar path munging before things righted themselves.

Chris, thank you for this suggestion.  I tried it and there was no
discernible difference.  I'm sure I'm making some stupid mistake, but I'm
far from intentionally sloppy.  I annotate exactly how I install things,
save copies of modified files and script their copying over under the
correct permissions and ownership, etc.  I've done this install probably
half a dozen times.  Half of those with your mods above.  And I'm getting
the same thing.  Zope and ZEO start fine (as evidenced by no dire warnings
in the stupid log files), but then when I go to access them in the browser,
it times out.

Again, thank you for the suggestion.

Cheers,

// mark