[ZODB-Dev] Webfrontend for ZODB

Mon, 9 Sep 2002 08:47:25 -0400

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 03:57:16PM +0200, Thomas Guettler wrote:
>As I wrote in a mail[1] some time ago, I am not happy with Zope, but I
>like ZODB very much. There seems to be no other frontend for ZODB than
>Zope if you want to write web applications. Or did I miss one?

"Front-end" isn't the word I would use, because it makes me think of a
Web-based interface for creating and editing objects in a ZODB; as far
as I know, the Zope UI is the only one that's been written.  (Though
wasn't someone working on a Tk one at some point, or am I high?)

But looking at your original posting back in August, it looks like
you're looking for a programming framework and not a front-end.  Chris
McDonough's suggestion to look at Quixote
(www.mems-exchange.org/software/quixote/) is therefore a good one;
your complaints sound a lot like the reasons we wrote Quixote.

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
Your silliness is noted. Drive systems regenerating...
    -- K9, in "The Armageddon Factor"