[ZODB-Dev] ExternalMount, FileStorage and Undo

Johan Carlsson [Torped] johanc@torped.se
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:55:12 +0200

At 09:41 2002-09-11 -0400, Jim Fulton said:
>Johan Carlsson [Torped] wrote:
>>  > > I have a perception that ExternalMount is old and unsupported, why=
=20
>> is that
>>  > incorrect?
>>  >
>>  > That's probably a literally correct statement.  But it works, and I=20
>> assume
>>  > that's what you want.
>>Jim F:
>>  > We use it on zope.org. The main problem with it is that it doesn't=
 work
>>  > right for undo and versions, but you don't care about those.
>>Hi,
>>I found the statement above in the list archive.
>>I'm currently looking into using mounted storages for an ISP-solution.
>>Each client would have their own mounted storage as there virtual root.
>>What is the problem with undo and mounted storages?
>
>Zope undo currently looks only at the main database. For mounted storages,
>you want it to look at the mounted database where you are, or at all=20
>databases,
>which is much harder.

I would only need undo for the database where the user currently is.
Is it possible that this might be implemented for FileStorage?
(I'm not sure I'm up for the job quite yet. Not if it's "tricky"  anyway ;-)

How about DirectoryStorage?

What happens to Undo in the context of a mounded DB, is it disabled or
does it just act weird. I guess it would be quite easy to disable it by=20
manually)

Best Regards,
Johan Carlsson

--=20