[ZODB-Dev] IndexedCatalog vs ZCatalog

Thomas Guettler Thomas Guettler <thomas@thomas-guettler.de>
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 20:49:20 +0200

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 11:17:48AM -0300, Christian Reis wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 09:43:56PM +0200, Thomas Guettler wrote:
> > Can someone, or Johan, compare IndexedCatalog versus the ZCatalog from
> > Zope? I am thinking about moving from Zope to pure ZODB. ZCatalog is
> > one of the few parts I use from Zope.
>
> As Johan has said, if you want to look into Catalog, we'd *really* like
> to have user feedback. So far we are testing it internally in Stoq and
> we've had a lot of feature requests, but it's holding up nicely (we
> think).
>
> What features do you require from ZCatalog? If they're at all possible,
> we'd be happy to implement them to get things going for you.

Wow, that's very friendly! Unfortunately I have not much time. I don't
need much. I am interested in indexing documents (MS-Word, PDF,
...). The conversion to pure text will of course be done by me.

A simple search for words is enough. Words should be combined by
either AND or OR.

I decided to stay with zope for the next time. There are more
important things to do.

BTW, I think it would be possible to use ZCatalog without Zope,
too. Maybe you should have a look at it.

 thomas

--
Thomas Guettler <guettli@thomas-guettler.de>
http://www.thomas-guettler.de