[ZODB-Dev] Using ZEO to solve problem with slow connection

Fri, 04 Apr 2003 10:09:30 -0800

DirectoryStorage will work for one-way replication, but I think this =
assumes
that the replica is offline until needed (i.e. you can use for hot-ba=
ckup
using resource takeover strategy - i.e. have heartbeat resource scrip=
ts stop
replication cron jobs, run checkds.py on the replica, start your seco=
ndary
ZSS process, takeover the IP of the primary - this also requires, gen=
erally,
that the hot-backup likely be on the same LAN unless you put the
responsibility of the switch on the ZEO client - which is certainly p=
ossible
in ZEO 2).  I think for replication that works one-way, but requires =
the
replica to be active/online may require replication of transactions a=
bove
the storage level, which I think Zope Corp's commercial ZRS product c=
an do.

Sean