[ZODB-Dev] DBTab + ZEO

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 17:27:13 +0200

Question regarding DBTab with ZEO.

I have a setup with two databases, one mounted at / and one at /foo.
I want to serve those two databases, mounted like that, to several ZEO
clients.

If I understand the DBTab doc correctly, the way to do it is to have
- one ZEO server serving a Data.fs for / on :9001
- one ZEO server serving a Data.fs for /foo on :9002
- and for each ZEO client, a dbtab.conf that describes the two ZEO
server to contact and where to mount each.

I was wondering why it's not possible to have a single ZEO server that
somehow uses DBTab to mount the two databases, and serves them to simple
ZEO clients configured only to know about the single ZEO server. It
would simplify deployment a lot as all the knowledge of mounted
databases would then be in the server. Can I do that? How?

Thanks,

Florent