[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope-Checkins] CVS: ZODB3/ZODB - Connection.py:1.88 DB.py:1.48 cPickleCache.c:1.81

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
09 Apr 2003 15:01:09 -0400

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 14:46, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> > I'd be happy to relax the restriction and allow tuples.  They seem like
> > reasonable oids.
>
> I would appreciate it.

I think the only hard question is what to do about the ZEO cache.  ZEO
is an oddball case, because it's a ZODB storage (which uses 8-byte oids
and revision ids), but it's trying to be storage agnostic.  Can Ape use
ZEO right now?  Do we need to fiddle the ZEO cache so that it can store
variable size oids?

Jeremy