[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope-Checkins] CVS: ZODB3/ZODB - Connection.py:1.88 DB.py:1.48 cPickleCache.c:1.81

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:11:02 -0400

Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 14:46, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>
>>Jeremy Hylton wrote:
>>
>>>I'd be happy to relax the restriction and allow tuples.  They seem like
>>>reasonable oids.
>>
>>I would appreciate it.
>

> I think the only hard question is what to do about the ZEO cache.  ZEO
> is an oddball case, because it's a ZODB storage (which uses 8-byte oids
> and revision ids), but it's trying to be storage agnostic.  Can Ape use
> ZEO right now?  Do we need to fiddle the ZEO cache so that it can store
> variable size oids?

Hmm, good point.  Ape is meant to work with ZEO, but I haven't tried it,
and it would probably confuse the ZEO cache.  I think 8-byte OIDs are
limiting in general, so I think that ought to be relaxed, but it's not a
priority now.

Shane