[ZODB-Dev] ZODB4: closing exisiting database causes log spewage

Pieter Nagel pieter@nagel.co.za
Mon Apr 14 20:36:04 EDT 2003

I am using ZODB4 alpha 1, and I get a lot of log entries about "incorrect
previous pointer".

The following seems to be the most minimal program that will reproduce the
problem:

	#!/usr/bin/env python2.2

	import logging.config
	logging.basicConfig()

	import zodb.storage.file, zodb.db
	fs = zodb.storage.file.FileStorage('zodb.fs')
	db = zodb.db.DB(fs)
	db.open()
	db.close() # Lots of logging at this point

Running the program twice yields the following output:

 	WARNING:zodb.storage.file:zodb-bug.fs time-stamp 1 reduction at 1024
	ERROR:zodb.storage.file:zodb-bug.fs incorrect previous pointer at 1072: index says 1072L record says 0L

Is it something I am doing wrong?

The problem is cosmetic, but my application test suites are filling up
with more and more "warnings to ignore" vs "warnings to handle".

--
     ,_