[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope] errors in zodb after packing

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Wed Apr 16 16:38:40 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 11:27, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 10:00, Paul Winkler wrote:
> >
> >>There is a serious known problem with filestorage packing on teh zodb-dev list.
> >>http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2003-April/004807.html
> >>http://collector.zope.org/Zope/875
> >>*BUT* i'm not sure if this is your same error.
>
> I doubt it, my users didn't complain about data loss and everything
> seems to work fine even with this error.
> I don't know it it is relevant or not, but fsrecover (taken from 2.6.0)
> writes a file with the same length as the original data.fs

Is there any difference between the two files?  I'm suspecting that the
problem is the warning message.  In other words, the fix is to remove
the complaint about the mismatch between transaction id and serial
number.  While it's usually the case that they are the same, there is at
least one corner case where it is not.

Jeremy