[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope] errors in zodb after packing

Luca Olivetti luca@wetron.es
Wed Apr 16 16:27:54 EDT 2003

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

[apologies for piggybacking on Jeremy's message, I wasn't subscribet yet
so I don't have Paul's message to reply to]

> On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 10:00, Paul Winkler wrote:
>
>>There is a serious known problem with filestorage packing on teh zodb-dev list.
>>http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2003-April/004807.html
>>http://collector.zope.org/Zope/875
>>*BUT* i'm not sure if this is your same error.

I doubt it, my users didn't complain about data loss and everything
seems to work fine even with this error.
I don't know it it is relevant or not, but fsrecover (taken from 2.6.0)
writes a file with the same length as the original data.fs

>>nobody mentioned transaction ID mismatch. Does collector #875 cause
>>transaction ID mismatches?
>>
>>There is also a known problem with fsrecover.py from 2.6.1:
>>http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2003-March/004594.html

Yes, I already knew it, in fact I have to use fsrecover from 2.6.0.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007