[ZODB-Dev] PROPOSAL: Explicit transactions for ZODB4

Lalo Martins lalo at laranja.org
Mon Apr 28 01:30:56 EDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 11:46:41AM -0400, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> Also, creating nested transactions is *slightly* more complex.  The current
> sequence to create a nested transaction (IIUC) is:
>
> t1 = get_transaction().begin()
> t2 = t1.begin(t1)
>
> If we do not make any changes other than I have already proposed, it would
> become the slightly longer:
>
> tm = TransactionManager()
> t1 = tm.begin()
> t2 = t1.begin(t1)
>
> Personally, I find both of these approaches ugly, but I don't have any
> better suggestions at the moment.

If transactions are more explicit, this API can probably be
improved.  However, IMHO improving it is not part of this
proposal; if it passes (personally I'm +1), then after it is
implemented and in use for a few weeks, a new proposal to
improve the subtransaction API can be written.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
            Those who trade freedom for security