[ZODB-Dev] datetime types

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Wed Apr 30 17:08:51 EDT 2003

[Paolo Invernizzi]
> The idatetime module was commited by 'ryzaja', but cannot I guess the
> email address for asking if it's a known iussue...
> I've read 'In prepration for the upcoming interface changes...' in the
> latest interface/ log...
>
>> Python23 CVS
>> ZODB CVS
>> WinXP SP1

> [Viktorija Zaksiene]
> It works with Python 2.2, but apparently not with Python 2.3. It
> will be fixed when the new interface mechanism is checked in.

Python 2.3 implements the datetime module in C, and datetime.{datetime,
date, time, timedelta, tzinfo} are implemented in C then.  Zope3 has a
workalike datetime module coded in Python, so that the same interface can be
used in Python 2.2.  datetime.{datetime, date, time, timedelta, tzinfo} are
implemented in Python then.  You can generally add new attributes to classes
implemented in Python, but generally not to classes implemented in C.