[ZODB-Dev] What version of ZODB to use?

Casey Duncan casey at zope.com
Sat Aug 23 23:05:44 EDT 2003

If you need to persist new-style classes, then you will need to use ZODB 3.3.
It is currently in alpha, and I'm not sure if there is a release schedule,
but it is complete enough for development now.

Otherwise, I would probably recommend the ZODB 3.2 series, which still uses
the classic ExtensionClass base for persistence. This is currently in beta
AFAIK, and is reasonably stable now. It should also be backward compatible
with 3.1 (the current stable series), so worst-come-to-worst you could deploy
on 3.1 even after developing against 3.2.

-Casey