[ZODB-Dev] What are the ZopeDB limit?

Michele Bendazzoli mickymouse at mickymouse.it
Mon Aug 25 10:26:53 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-23 at 23:01, Dieter Maurer wrote:
cut
>  > What do you think of?
>
> When your data fits well in a relational database
> (a huge number of highly structured records, no full text indexes),
> put it in Postgres. Otherwise, try the ZODB.
> Make some preliminary mass tests before your invest a lot in one
> approach.

Thank you very much for your in dept advices.

I think i will go for a mixed approach: I'll put the raw data in a db
managed by postgresql and documents that reassumes them in the zopedb.
This approach let me combining the advantages of both zopedb and
postgresql and should prevent future troubles.

ciao, Michele

p.s. Is there any future planning of integrating the power of postgresql
directly in the zopedb? Now that postgresql seems to become a very
independent platform database (with a native windows port) maybe can be
considered by the zopedb developers as solid ground to store the objects
managed by zope.