[ZODB-Dev] [Problem] "_v_" variables too volatile

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Wed Dec 10 10:04:32 EST 2003

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 14:46, Casey Duncan wrote:

> An application may also wish to set this flag itself if it knows that it
> will need this object again in subsequent transactions.

"this flag" is one that means "keep until the end of the transaction". It
doesnt say anything about its lifetime after the end of the transaction.

I agree it would be nice for the application to be able to tweak that too. We
would benefit from doing so automatically... keeping smaller objects longer
than large ones. But I think that needs to be a softer control, not a hard
boolean.

> As for the name, I agree that _p_volatile is not the best. How about:
>
> _p_enduring
> _p_held
> _p_lingering
> _p_kept