[ZODB-Dev] Ape + ZEO

Shane Hathaway shane at zope.com
Sun Dec 14 19:20:27 EST 2003

(Moved from zope3-dev)

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Christian Zagrodnick wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 16:35, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> > While we're on the subject... several things are difficult in Ape just to
> > maintain compatibility with ZEO.  I'd like to simplify and drop ZEO
> > support.  Does anyone object?
>
> Yes, I really would like to have full ZODB support in Ape.

Ok, that's good to know.  Since people support the idea, at least there's
a reason for the complexity.

The amazing thing is how often we *don't* need Ape.  Over the past year
there has been a lot of talk at Zope Corporation about using Ape for a
major project, but as customers get more comfortable with FileStorage and
ZEO, they tend to realize they don't need to store in relational databases
after all.  ZODB seems to provide all the mechanisms required.

Perhaps this actually validates Ape, though.

Shane