[ZODB-Dev] ZODB.POSException.ReadConflictError

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Sun Dec 21 13:47:50 EST 2003

[Jeremy]
>> It's hard to predict beyond that, given that releases will probably
>> driven more by Zope issues than ZODB issues, but a beta release
>> [of ZODB 3.3] in January seems likely.

[Steve Alexander]
> Is this a ZODB 3.3 that supports persistent new-style classes as well
> as MVCC?

Yes, assuming you mean what I think you mean by "persistent new-style
classes", and you probably do.  MVCC, and breaking the dependence of
persistence on ExtensionClass, are the defining features of 3.3; they're
also likely to be defining features of Zope 2.8.

I'm not as optimistic about dates as Jeremy, probably because I seem near
constantly to be pulled off ZODB in favor of "Zope issues" (nice euphemism
<wink>).  So if 3.3 has to wait on me, I've got no guess at all.  If Jeremy
can stay on it full-time, though, a January beta does look realistically
within reach.