[ZODB-Dev] ZODB.POSException.ReadConflictError

Steve Alexander steve at z3u.com
Sun Dec 21 13:59:34 EST 2003

>>Is this a ZODB 3.3 that supports persistent new-style classes as well
>>as MVCC?
>
> Yes, assuming you mean what I think you mean by "persistent new-style
> classes", and you probably do.

I was being sloppy. I mean persistent objects where the class of the
object can be defined to use descriptors for its members.

> MVCC, and breaking the dependence of
> persistence on ExtensionClass, are the defining features of 3.3; they're
> also likely to be defining features of Zope 2.8.
>
> I'm not as optimistic about dates as Jeremy, probably because I seem near
> constantly to be pulled off ZODB in favor of "Zope issues" (nice euphemism
> <wink>).  So if 3.3 has to wait on me, I've got no guess at all.  If Jeremy
> can stay on it full-time, though, a January beta does look realistically
> within reach.

Ok. I assume "beta" means "feature freeze". So, if I want to back-port a
feature from ZODB 4, and get that shipped with ZODB 3.3, I'll need to
act fairly fast. What's the ZODB 3.3 branch called?

Do you know of any plans to make a ZODB 4 -> ZODB 3.3 storage migration
script?

--
Steve Alexander