[ZODB-Dev] ZODB 3.2 installation problem

Tim Jarman tim.jarman at lineone.net
Mon Dec 22 15:42:28 EST 2003

Hello folks,
I don't see an FAQ about this - apologies in advance if this is the wrong
place to ask and/or the answer is somewhere obvious. I've just downloaded
ZODB 3.2 and tried to install it on my Mandrake box with Python 2.3.2. The
build step seemed to go fine, and running test.py --all gave:

Running unit tests from /home/tim/Documents/ZODB/ZODB3-3.2/build
Ran 1288 tests in 916.847s

OK

So I su'd to root and ran python2.3 setup.py install, which also seemed to go
fine. Alas, when I tried to import ZODB into the Pytnon interpreter, this
happened:

Python 2.3.2 (#1, Oct  3 2003, 23:26:38)
[GCC 3.2 (Mandrake Linux 9.0 3.2-1mdk)] on linux2
Module readline not available.
>>> import ZODB
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "ZODB/__init__.py", line 18, in ?
    import cPersistence, Persistence
ImportError: No module named cPersistence

Anyone know what's broken here?

Thanks in advance for any help on this one. Please CC replies to
tim.jarman at lineone.net as I'm not (yet) subscribed to the list.

Season's greetings,

Tim J