[ZODB-Dev] AdaptableStorage and ZClass instances

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:30:42 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Rocky Burt wrote:

> Well, my whole reason for doing is because we're going to be using Zope
> in combination with Oracle8i due to a clients data requirements.
>
> So I'll actually end up using the SQL mapping instead of the FS one.  But
> I figured the unpickling problems would be present there also.

Yes, it uses the same code to serialize the objects.

> Unfortunately, I'm fairly new to the fascinating world of zope.  I'm going to
> keep debugging this, but I guess I'm going to first give myself a crash
> course in pickling.

Are you very familiar with Python?  Eek, you might run away screaming once
you've learned about pickling, then persistent references, then ZODB, then
ZClass internals. ;-)  You might want to wait a few days, and I'll look at
the problem myself.

> I'm going to be using AdaptableStorage in combination with SAPDB (free
> rdmbs), Oracle8i, Sybase, and MS SQLServer.  Can you point me at the code
> that is postgresql specific in the SQL mapping so that I can abstract this?

Look at the function at the bottom of Zope2SQL.py.  You just need to
provide an alternative function that creates nearly the same mapper but
connects the mapper to an Oracle database rather than a Postgres database.

Shane