[ZODB-Dev] AdaptableStorage and ZClass instances

Rocky Burt rocky.burt@bricsnet.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:40:31 -0500

> Are you very familiar with Python?  Eek, you might run away screaming once
> you've learned about pickling, then persistent references, then ZODB, then
> ZClass internals. ;-)  You might want to wait a few days, and I'll look at
> the problem myself.

I've used Python for a while, but never done pickling.  I come from Java-land
where serialization has enough headaches of its own.  But I think I'll take
your advice and just wait a few days ;)

> Look at the function at the bottom of Zope2SQL.py.  You just need to
> provide an alternative function that creates nearly the same mapper but
> connects the mapper to an Oracle database rather than a Postgres database.

Yep, I've been looking there.  Although I think I'll need to change
how the keychain stuff works since you use a postgresql sequence, and not
all RDBMS' have/use sequences in the same way.

Regards,
Rocky (r0ky)