[ZODB-Dev] AdaptableStorage and ZClass instances

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:04:58 +0000

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> Look at the function at the bottom of Zope2SQL.py.  You just need to
> provide an alternative function that creates nearly the same mapper but
> connects the mapper to an Oracle database rather than a Postgres database.

I found this significantly harder than I felt it should have been.
My guy feeling it that the SQL mapping needs refactoring so the SQL is 'factored
out'.

Jean and Roché at Upfront had some interesting ideas on how to go about
'templating' SQL to make this possible, perhaps they could comment?

cheers,

Chris