[ZODB-Dev] AdaptableStorage - format of property files

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:40:43 -0500

Sergey Konozenko wrote:
> Some of my colleagues prefer Windows though.
>
> properties files are written in "binary" format - no LF to CR,LF
> translation.
> My guess is it's not that hard to change that. Would you like me to do it
> and send you a patch?
>
> I will lookup "open" invocations and add "t" mode to them.

I think FSConnection.writeData() needs to accept an optional "mode"
argument, which would cover most of the problem.  Metadata files will
also have to be written in text mode, but I'm not entirely sure that the
text-mode pickles will survive the translation.  What do you think?

Shane