[ZODB-Dev] DBTab mounts

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:42:49 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Rocky Burt wrote:

> Hehe, well, it must have been some kind of trailing space or something
> as it maps fine now (inside my plone site).
>
> So, the layout I'm trying to get is this:
>   /plone (Plone Site)
>   /plone/Data (Plone Folder)
>
> Well, if I make sure /plone/Data doesn't already exist, then when I go to the
> DBTab interface I can have it create the new Data Folder, and it creates
> /plone/Data just as I'd expect, except it's a regular Zope folder.  I need it
> to be a Plone folder instead.  So if I pre-create /plone/Data as a zope folder
> and go to the DBTab interface, it shows up as "Ok" but it isn't actually
> mounted.  I can see this if I add items to the Data folder and they don't
> show up in any of the database tables.

I don't know what could happen to put it in that situation.  Are you using
DBTab 1.1?  (Please do.)  It will not say "Ok" if the database is not
mounted.  Are you perhaps mounting the wrong database at /plone/Data?

If you need /plone/Data to be something other than a Zope Folder, you'll
need to go through some process to create /plone/Data in the mounted
database before you mount the database.  The most likely thing to do is to
temporarily mount /plone (which is not a Plone site, but a Folder) under a
different path than /plone, visit the /plone folder, and create a Plone
Folder in it.  Or you might just break out the SQL command line.

Shane