[ZODB-Dev] DBTab mounts

Rocky Burt rocky.burt@bricsnet.com
20 Feb 2003 10:18:48 -0500

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 10:05, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> What would you think of the idea of configuring databases using ZConfig,
> but mount points using the ZMI?
>
> Or perhaps we could say Zope ISPs have unusual requirements that could
> be met by a product designed to transparently mount lots of databases,
> without restarting.  Hmm.

Well, I know very little about ZConfig, but from what I've seen, it is
better than .ini format.

But unfornately, it doesn't resolve my want to be able to configure it
TTW and without a restart.  It just seems to me that if you can attach
the mount points during a running environment, you should also be about
to create mount points?  Or maybe this is simply just to dangerous to
try to accomplish? (but I would figure that danger would carry over into
attaching the mount points as well).

Bottom line is, I'm going to have to make the process less tweaking-like
for our IT guys here (also, just think about WinNT/2000/XP admins trying
to do this, ow).  If that means I have to write a python/shell script to
change dbtab.conf and restart, then so be it.  But I'd rather not have
to do that :/

Regards,
Rocky (r0ky)