[ZODB-Dev] DBTab mounts

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:24:23 +0000

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Rocky Burt wrote:
>
> What would you think of the idea of configuring databases using ZConfig,
> but mount points using the ZMI?

Have you given any more thought to my idea of having a ZConfig.type file that
was mounted into the ZODB (and hence could haev a nice twiddley ZMI view) using
AdaptableStorage? Gives cake eating ability but sadly doesn't take of the
restarting Zope need...

> Or perhaps we could say Zope ISPs have unusual requirements that could
> be met by a product designed to transparently mount lots of databases,
> without restarting.  Hmm.

Hmm :-S The only peopel knowledgeable enough to write such a product, IMHO,
don't work for Zoep ISPs...

cheers,

Chris