[ZODB-Dev] Very Large Application Use Case

Nick Pavlica nick.pavlica@echostar.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:49:32 -0700

All,
  I know there have been many zope/zodb performance questions in the past=
,=20
however I haven't found any statistical information regarding their use i=
n=20
very large applications.  I'm developing the requirements for a new=20
open-source project, and estimate the following utilization for a single=20
installation:

- 8,000,000 potential users
- 400,000 concurrent users
- 12,000,000 + transactions in 15 a hour period. =20

I would love to have some feedback from those that have, or are using zop=
e in=20
a "Real" 24x7 production facility under these or larger work loads. =20

Thanks for your feedback!
--=20
Nick Pavlica
EchoStar Communications