[ZODB-Dev] Very Large Application Use Case

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:05:09 -0500

Nick Pavlica wrote:
> All,
>   I know there have been many zope/zodb performance questions in the past,
> however I haven't found any statistical information regarding their use in
> very large applications.  I'm developing the requirements for a new
> open-source project, and estimate the following utilization for a single
> installation:
>
> - 8,000,000 potential users
> - 400,000 concurrent users
> - 12,000,000 + transactions in 15 a hour period.
>
> I would love to have some feedback from those that have, or are using zope in
> a "Real" 24x7 production facility under these or larger work loads.

Well, that's certainly not a normal scale.  I think 222 transactions per
second would make even Oracle sweat. ;-)  I assume this project will be
heavily funded, since bandwidth costs alone will be through the roof if
you actually serve a half million concurrent users.

Shane