[ZODB-Dev] DBTab questions...

Harald Ragger harald.ragger@icomedias.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:56:45 +0100

Hello,

just played around with DBTab (1.1), Zope 2.6.1 under win and linux:

1) mounted 2 databases (see: conf 1)

db MAIN: filestorage
db BDB: berkeley db (from ZODB 3.1.1b)

a)
all ok except: when i try to cut the "Examples" from the Main Storage to =
the
BDB Folder (berkeley storage) ---> key error ( see error 1)
same operation baut "copy" instead of "cut": everything is ok, all files =
and
subfolders were copied.

b) ControlPanel--> Database Management:
Main
BDB  (as expected)

klick on BDB: ok.
klick on Main: error: (see error 2)
=20

2) tried to use berkeley as Main storage: (see conf 2)
seems to be ok, but:

it seems still to use the Filestorage Database Data.fs from my default
installation (even though NOT configured in dbtab.conf):

just copied the Examples folder three times:
Data.fs grows: Berkeley DB doesnt grow
deleted Data.fs --> Restart Zope --> all my users were gone, as did all
created content (copies of Examples folder)=20

wrong configured dbtab?
did i try things BDTab isn't thought for?

I tried under Win XP and Linux (Suse 8.1): same errors.

Regards,
Harry

----conf 1:---------------------
[Storage: Main]
type=3DFileStorage
file_name=3D%(CLIENT_HOME)s/Data.fs

[Database: Main]
cache_size=3D40000
mount_paths=3D/

[Storage: BDB]
type=3DBDBFullStorage  =20

# env=3D
# prefix=3Dzodb_
interval=3D120
# kbyte=3D0
# min=3D0
# logdir=3D
cachesize=3D135000000
# frequency=3D0
# packtime=3D14400
# classicpack=3D0
# read_only=3D0

[Database: BDB]
mount_paths=3D/BDB
--------------------------------

----conf 2:---------------------
#[Storage: Main]
#type=3DFileStorage
#file_name=3D%(CLIENT_HOME)s/Data.fs

#[Database: Main]
#cache_size=3D40000
#mount_paths=3D/

[Storage: Main]
type=3DBDBFullStorage  =20

# env=3D
# prefix=3Dzodb_
interval=3D120
# kbyte=3D0
# min=3D0
# logdir=3D
cachesize=3D135000000
# frequency=3D0
# packtime=3D14400
# classicpack=3D0
# read_only=3D0

[Database: Main]
mount_paths=3D/
--------------------------------

----error 1:---------------------

Error Type: InvalidObjectReference
Error Value: Attempt to store an object from a foreign database =
connection

--------------------------------

----error 2:---------------------
Site Error

StorageSystemError
Could not lock the database file. There must be another process that has
opened the file.

(Also, an error occurred while attempting to render the standard error
message.)Traceback (innermost last): Module ZPublisher.Publish, line =
150, in
publish_module Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 114, in publish Module
Zope.App.startup, line 182, in zpublisher_exception_hook Module
ZPublisher.Publish, line 89, in publish Module ZPublisher.BaseRequest, =
line
299, in traverse Module Products.DBTab.ControlPanelPatch, line 85, in
__bobo_traverse__ Module Products.DBTab.ControlPanelPatch, line 77, in
__getitem__ Module Products.DBTab.DBTab, line 314, in getDatabase Module
Products.DBTab.DBTab, line 332, in _createDatabase Module
Products.DBTab.DBTab, line 212, in create Module ZODB.FileStorage, line =
226,
in __init__ Module ZODB.lock_file, line 33, in lock_file =
StorageSystemError:
(see above)=20